General enquiries: email@example.com
Technical & hands-on leadership with consistent results across multiple discipline and organizational types
Breadth & Depth
Possesses in-depth technical ability across multiple frameworks, platforms, and roles by seeking the bigger picture
Extrovert who enjoys communicating with audiences in public and private forums, via various mediums
Flourish within a team environment and participate as a technical individual contributor to achieve the unified vision
Ability to turn chaos into order and into consumable processes, products, & tools to make the end goal easier
Sixteen years professional IT experience within the Collocation, Telecommunications, Software, and Cloud Services industries
2016-05-03Recently I grew bored of all the default wallpapers that come with my iPhone, so I decided to create my own. For the past couple of weeks I have been taking pictures around Bulgaria that comprise of ...
Why Village Life Sucks
2016-05-03So the other day I was talking with my boss in my 1:1 meeting and he asked what I am doing over the weekend. Of course, one of the usual options for us as a family is to come out to the village and t...
2015-08-02So I have had the new tank going for 6 months now and it has survived a crash (due to me), various assassinations due to territorially established fish, and the most fun of all, algae problems galore....
Principal Solutions Architect
Odin, a Division of Ingram Micro Cloud
Sofia, Bulgaria, November 2015 to Present
- Item 1
- Item 2
- Item 3
- Item 4
Lead Solutions Architect
Odin Services Automation
Sofia, Bulgaria, May 2012 to November 2015
Lead 5 person solutions architect team based in Renton, WA, as well as telecommuters, serving over 200+ partners with annual revenue of 20+ million in professional services globally. Responsibilities include: consulting and design of cloud based application and platform solutions for both pre and post sales engagements, integrating Parallels Automation OSS & BSS solutions into Partners’ existing business process and IT management systems, technical management of project portfolios, SOW creation, mentoring and training of professional services team members, as well as implement global and local initiatives in education and procedural excellence.
- 3 x Global Team Award winner for 2012 & 2014, participating in key projects delivering excellence. 2013 Q3 Most Valuable Professional Award winner for the Professional Services global organization
- Leadership Team member focusing efforts to standardize and improve delivery process creating or improving over 40+ documents & procedures.
- Defined core competencies and onboarding methodology to enable the acquisition and enablement of new Solution Architect talent to the Professional Services team.
- Assisted in improving customer NPS 90% for professional services delivery engagements.
Red Hat, CentOS, Win2k3/2k8, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgresql, Postfix, Qmail, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Office 365, VMWare/VCloud, BIND, PHP, PERL, BASH, JSon/AJAX, Plesk, Virtuozzo , Parallels Automation & various other IaaS, SaaS, and business systems.
WW Director of Premier Support
Seattle, Washington, United States, May 2011 to May 2012
Managed 16 direct reports w/ supervision over an additional 200+ associates in the support and technical account management teams; serving over 2,000+ partners with annual revenue of 120 million. Responsibilities included procure, mentor and develop staff, create and implement global cross-departmental initiatives focusing on NPS, budget management, CSAT, and procedural improvements, ensuring day to day operations of technical account management and support operations, manage executive escalations, create internal & external collateral, and perform incident analysis and reporting to product engineering divisions.
- Lead efforts implementing procedural, organizational and technology changes resulting in lower incident response time from 14 days to 4 hours and raising customer NPS 22%.
- Defined and implemented T.A.M. premier support services and procedures, growing the offer from 3 in North America to 30+ partners globally.
- Created customer metric analysis software application to define and dictate account management work flow.
- Assisted in the creation of managed services offering for Parallels Automation partners.
Red Hat, CentOS, Win2k3/2k8, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, MSSQL, Postgresql, Postfix, Qmail, Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Office 365, VMWare/VCloud, BIND, PHP, PERL, BASH, Plesk, Virtuozzo , Parallels Automation & various other IaaS, SaaS, & business systems.
Director of Dedicated Services
Phoenix, Arizona, United States, January 2009 to April 2011
Managed 27 person front end operations team based in Phoenix, AZ and Lenexa, KS, serving over 4000+ customers with annual revenue of 14 million. Responsibilities included ensuring day to day operations of server support, professional services team, provisioning team, and data center operations. Procure, mentor and develop staff, product development, sales and support product training, process definition & implementation, vendor/partnership relationship management, and sales engineering & solution design for custom/large scale solutions to executive audiences.
- Implemented customer centric long term strategy reducing churn from 4% to 1.8%.
- Optimized staffing and standard operating procedures to reduce op-ex costs by 35%.
- Implemented operations automation to further reduce op-ex costs by an additional 30%.
- Lead efforts in bringing many products from concept to market, including; managed services, backup services, standardized advanced offerings, and cloud services (IaaS & SaaS).
- On-shored support operations for Dedicated Server product from Sofia, Bulgaria to Overland Park, KS and with a secondary operations presence in Phoenix, AZ.
- Implemented LMS system to standardize training, testing and career paths for associates.
Cisco, FreeBSD, Red Hat, CentOS, Win2k3/2k8, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postfix, BIND, PHP, PERL, BASH, Puppet, NGIX, MemCacheD, KVM/Xen, Plesk, cPanel, and Virtuozzo.
Dedicated Server Customer Support Manager
Sofia, Bulgaria & San Diego, California, United States, May 2003 to January 2009
Managed 18 direct reports w/ supervision over an additional 33 associates comprising the front end operations team located in the EU and Stateside; serving over 90,000+ customers with annual revenue of 20 million. Duties included ensuring day to day operations of server support teams, interview/hire associates, product training, process implementation, support to VIP customer base for dedicated and web design products, and perform sales engineering & solution architect role.
- Established department credibility within company and customer base by developing procedures and improving response time, and developing/implementing KPI’s.
- Implemented support changes and sales training to drive churn from 7% to 4%.
- Off shored server support operations from San Diego, CA to Sofia, Bulgaria. This extended support to 24x7x365 and added chat support with an annual savings of 70%.
- Contributed to the establishment of a second 25k SQ FT data center facility in Phoenix, AZ.
- Performed design, implementation, and maintenance of high availability Linux and Windows server solutions; comprising of both dedicated, cloud, and hybrid cloud solutions contributing to over 2 million in sales revenue.
- Assisted in creation of the Server Support Department and its processes.
- Performed migration of 10k+ sites from Solaris to FreeBSD.
- Performed over 1k server to server migrations consisting of Red Hat, FreeBSD, and Windows.
- Assisted in the migration of 1200 physical dedicated servers to larger 20k SQ Ft facility.
Sun OS, Cisco, FreeBSD, Red Hat, CentOS, Win2k3, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postfix, BIND, PHP, Perl, Bash, Plesk, cPanel, and Virtuozzo.
American Internet Services (AIS), Formerly ADNC
San Diego, California, United States, November 2001 to May 2003
Worked within a team of engineers responsible for all aspects of network, server, and data center facilities, ensuring SLA uptimes were met. Duties included provisioning of all T-1 circuits, managed servers, collocation, shared hosting, perform professional/managed services and field escalation tickets from the support and sales teams.
- Assisted in the migration from 6k SQ FT to 25k SQ FT data center facility.
- Provisioned and maintained solutions for multiple Fortune 500 entities.
Cisco, RedBack, Sun OS/Hardware, FreeBSD, & Red Hat, Apache, MySQL, Sendmail, BIND, and Helix.
Network Provisioning Engineer
San Diego, California, United States, August 1999 to November 2001
Worked within level 2 team providing escalation support to DSL customer base, as well as manage the relationship with ILEC & CLEC vendors. Duties included, configuration of layer 2 & 3 equipment, manage IP allocations/PTRs, and support Cobolt appliance servers.
- Nation’s largest Covad reseller.
- 1000 + provisions a month.
- Assisted in the creation of firm’s first shared UNIX hosting packages.
Redback, FreeBSD, NT4, Apache, BIND, PERL
Parallels, Odin, & Ingram Micro Cloud
To say that Taylor gets things done is an understatement of epic proportions. I have had the chance to work with him on a couple of different accounts and each time that he came in, my shoulders were immediately unburdened. He just gets stuff done, and ties off the loose ends. His other recommendations speak to his expertise in the industry, but in my opinion his value lies 100% in his personal drive to accomplish.
Kris Bailey, Sr Sales Engineer at Odin
Aplus.net & Codero
I had the pleasure of working for Taylor for four years during my tenure with Codero and Aplus.net; I worked for him directly, as well as my 2nd-level superior.
Taylor worked with me when I was a very young and inexperienced technician; I was hotheaded, loudmouthed, and full of potential. He knew how to redirect my attitude and skills towards goals and achievements that were mutually beneficial to my professional and technical growth, as well as for the benefit of the company.
Within 4 years, I was promoted 3 times by the Senior VP, recognized as a powerhouse throughout the company, and had goals and experience I would’ve never thought possible in such a short time.
Taylor was instrumental in helping me grow my interpersonal and technical skills with brilliant guidance and temperament. I am positive I would not be where I am today if not for Taylor.
If it’s not already obvious by hit other reviews, he’s a great person to surround yourself and your business with.
Taylor doesn’t stop when the job is done; he stops when everyone is shaking hands with a smile on their face.
Zachary Gilman, Freelance Systems Administration
Photography & Media
When not in front of the family, screen, or tank, I enjoy wondering around my surroundings to take photographs.
- Journalistic Portrait
Currently maintain Blah system
- Mixed reef system
More pictures can be found here and here.
Name: Taylor Giddens
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi, my name is Taylor Giddens and welcome to my professional presence. Currently I work as a Solution Architect within a medium sized enterprise that services the automation market. In my spare time I have many hobbies that fill my time, but my main areas of focus are:
- Travel with my Family
- Salt Water Aquariums
- Web & Infrastructure Technologies
- PHP & Site Development
Currently I reside with my wife & sons in Sofia, Bulgaria, a small capital city in the Eastern European Region.
Linked In Profile